Job ID 1489685
Husson University’s College of Science and Humanities invites applications for a full-time Assistant or Associate Professor of Animal Care and Behavior. The ideal candidate will have the academic background and experience to help lead Husson’s new online programs in Animal Care. The successful candidate will teach online Bachelor’s- and Master’s-level courses, which may include Animal Behavior, Health, Nutrition, Disease, and Animal Welfare, among other topics. This is a fully remote, 12 month position, with expectations of online teaching plus other disciplinary and departmental responsibilities.
Husson University is a private institution of approximately 3100 undergraduate and graduate students located in Bangor, Maine. The University is dedicated to offering premier professional programs face to face and online designed to maximize experiential learning opportunities and student success.
Examples of Duties
The primary responsibilities of this position include teaching online courses for undergraduate students in the Animal Care and Behavior major as well as graduate students in the Masters of Animal Behavior and Welfare. The successful candidate will also fulfill faculty expectations for participation in departmental service such as oversight and assessment of these growing programs and the development of online courses. The position requires teaching 24 credits of online courses per year scheduled in coordination with the Online Director.
- Deliver online animal care and behavior courses plus other courses as assigned.
- Implement appropriate pedagogical techniques for the online environment, including facilitating student engagement and providing student feedback and support.
- Support development and assessment of online courses and curricula as assigned.
- Conduct scholarship at a regional or national level, resulting in publication in peer-reviewed professional journals, delivery of papers at professional association meetings, coordination and implementation of research programs, or actively engage in professional service.
- Professionally represent Husson University in all university activities including teaching, scholarship, and outreach.
- Use innovative Teaching and learning modalities and incorporate appropriate technology to engage students in an online environment.
- Guide capstone projects in assigned programs as needed.
- Participate in the life of the University and faculty governance as assigned.
- Support students with networking and career development.
Requirements for the position include an earned doctoral degree in Animal Behavior, Biology, Ecology or a related field; ABD considered. The successful candidate will demonstrate commitment to effective online teaching and student learning, and possess strong communication skills. Preference will be given to applications with previous higher education online teaching experience.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. A complete application must include: a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, and contact information for three references (at least one must be able to discuss online teaching potential).