Job ID 1499178
Our client a leading Property solutions group with multiple offices across the UK are seeking a Building Surveyor to join on a remote basis but covering a portfolio in London & South East.
The Building Surveyor will be accountable for efficient and effective management of Building and Fire Safety projects across the residential projects of the group’s portfolio.
The job holder will be a residential building surveyor with experience of fire safety in the residential environment and have a passion for diligent service delivery. The role will involve extensive interactions with the clients in house and outsourced professional team to drive a long-term, programme of asset compliance.
Building Surveyor Benefits
- Salary 65,000 – 75,000
- 5,500 car allowance
- 35 per week, Monday to Friday
- Bonus up to 10% of annual salary dependant on individual and company performance
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension 4% contribution with matched company contributions up to 5%
- Life Insurance – 3x annual salary
- Private Medical Insurance – Family Cover
- Other flexible benefits to be discussed at interview.
Building Surveyor Position Overview
- Overseeing all fire safety and building remediation projects within London & South East
- Provide professional and technical advice to the Asset Management Team and the Client
- Remediation proposals, advising on H&S, fire safety, building regulations, and resident impacts.
- Liaison with client internal and external legal team regards options for remediation – Building Guarantee, collateral warranties etc.
- Liaison with managing agents to commission External Cladding Surveys
- Implementation of mitigation dependent of report results
- Interpretation of fire survey reports and make recommendations for any required next stage works.
- Monitoring and reporting on mitigation measures.
Building Surveyor Position Requirements
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Surveying or similar discipline in the built environment
- In depth understanding of the H&S regulations that apply to surveying and project delivery
- Working knowledge of fire regulations within the residential built environment including External Cladding.
- Knowledge of building regulations, planning applications and other property legislation.
- Full Member of RICS
- Qualification in Fire Safety and Risk Management, such as. NEBOSH, Fire Protection Association (desired)
Bennett and Game Recruitment are a multi-disciplined technical recruitment agency based in Chichester, West Sussex operating across the UK with specialist teams covering a range of industries. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy, and in accordance with GDPR by applying you are granting us consent to process your data, and contact you in relation to this application and the services we offer.