Job ID 1487105
The Partnerships & B2B team is on a mission to help businesses empower their Latino stakeholders (employees, users, leads, audiences) by offering culturally relevant education benefits. We are looking for a highly motivated Business Development Representative, who is passionate about working with the Latino community in the U.S., to join Aprende and work directly with the Head of Partnerships & B2B. You will be responsible for crafting and executing a plan to grow Aprende’s Partnerships & B2B business.
As our first new hire focused exclusively on sourcing and building new partnerships, you’ll be instrumental in helping us grow and scale the Business Development function within the team.
- Identify potential partners and generate new business opportunities
- Contact and qualify potential partners
- Set up and lead calls independently, serving as partners’ main point of contact
- Manage leads through the partnership pipeline to close
- Ensure consistent tracking of the partnership funnel using CRM software
- Attend occasional conferences and trade shows to generate new leads and build relationships
- Provide regular reports on partnership development results to the rest of the organization
- Stay up to date with the Hispanic community, online workforce development market trends, competition, and industry developments
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with potential clients
- 1-2 years of partnerships, sales or related experience with a track record of top performance
- Knowledge of sales techniques and strategies
- Familiarity with different partnership & business models and the ‘levers’ associated with each: b2b, b2b2c, affiliate, revenue share, etc.
- Problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Entrepreneurial and data driven mindset
- Self starter who is used to working in a scrappy team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English, some level of Spanish)
Nice to have skills:
- Bilingual (Spanish & English)
- Deep familiarity with the Latino population in the U.S.
- Existing network of potential partners
- Experience in online workforce education or education generally
- Plus if this workforce education is related to industries such as healthcare, financial services, universities/community colleges
- Experience in data tools, ex. Quicksight