Job ID 1455805
Looking for an opportunity to change sector and work remotely? We are working closely with a Local Authority to recruit an Interim Capital Finance Manager with Public Sector experience to work on a major Capital Programme. The Local Authority is about to managing a large £200 million project and they need an Accountant who is both technically strong but also great with budget holders. This is therefore a rare opportunity to join an organisation where you can truly support change, work completely remotely and broaden your own skillset.
- Managing and monitoring the organisation’s capital budget, ensuring that it is effectively managed, and that all projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Multiple complex funding sources and reporting requirements
- Writing and presenting monthly programme finance reports to Officer Board and Cabinet-led Programme Board attended by Chief Exec, S151 and Leader of the Council
- Writing financial implications for Cabinet Reports and clear with s.151 officer
- Regular reconciliations of external consultants cost modelling with internal reporting
- Ensuring income claims and returns are accurate and reconciled
- Working in a flexible way with Finance (Capital Programme Manager), Project Team & individual Project Managers, alongside external consultants
- Setting up of a Joint Venture arrangement
Qualifications and Experience:
- Professional qualification such CCAB/CIMA (or equivalent)
- Previous experience in capital accounting within a public sector environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and manage a busy workload, with a strong focus on attention to detail and accuracy
If you are an experienced Project Capital Accountant with a track record of success in a public sector environment, and you are looking for an exciting new challenge, we would love to hear from you. Please apply with your CV, outlining your suitability for the role.