Job ID 1506661
Novant Health is seeking a Coding Audit Response Specialist. The Coding Audit Response Specialist will support Coding Audit Response Lead by proactively managing (including corresponding communications and escalation paths) significant issues in coding. Coding Audit Response Specialist will work closely with other members of the Coding Team in addressing issues related to accurate/timely coding, documentation, and denial management. This position will often work with multi-disciplinary teams in addressing issues related to coding and clinical documentation improvement operations. Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time.
. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED, required.
- Experience: Minimum five years coding, required. Minimum three years insurance follow-up, required.
- Licensure/Certification: Any of the following certifications CPC, CCS-P or RHIA/RHIT, required.
- Additional Skills Required: Extensive knowledge of ICD-9-CM (ICD-10-CM), CPT and HCPCS coding principles and guidelines. Extensive knowledge of reimbursement systems. Extensive knowledge of federal, state, and payer-specific regulations and policies pertaining to documentation, coding and billing. Excellent analytical skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Must be detail-oriented and analytical in nature; Medical Terminology, advanced level; Anatomy and Physiology, advanced level with laboratory experience; Advanced level coding courses ICD-9-CM and CPT-4. Must be able to work during times of unusually high volume and of unusual need as workload demands. Ability to drive/travel to multiple locations/facilities as needed.
- Additional Skills Preferred: Computer skills in databases, data entry experience with 3M Encoder software. PC word processing and spreadsheet skills.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of “First Do No Harm”.