Job ID 1490723
We’re Ookla, the company behind Speedtest, Downdetector, Ekahau, RootMetrics, and an ever-expanding suite of connectivity solutions. Our team is a group of people brought together through passion and inspired by possibility. We are looking for team members who enjoy solving complex problems, are motivated to challenge themselves, and are delighted with turning clever ideas into unique products. Millions of consumer-initiated tests are performed through our products and billions of data points are collected globally every day. With all this measurement comes countless ways to dissect and analyze our data, and plenty of exciting opportunities to optimize our broader strategy. When you work for us, you are using Ookla data and insights to further our mission to improve connectivity for all. Ookla is looking for a driven and forward-thinking Director of FP&A to work closely with our SVP, Finance, spearhead our FP&A efforts, and lead our business finance function. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for continuous learning, a proactive attitude, a keen sense of ownership, strong business/analytical acumen, and outstanding interpersonal skills. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about quantitative analysis and proactive problem-solving, this could be the perfect role for you. We are committed to providing you a flexible work environment where individuality, fun, and talent are all valued equally. If you consider yourself innovative, adept at collaboration, and you care deeply about the work you do, we want to talk Expectations for Success
- Develop and implement the FP&A organization. Responsible for financial modeling, FP&A strategy, process, methodology, variables, techniques, procedures and best practices, to drive best in class forecast & planning, business insight, and analysis
- Lead the annual budget process, monthly revenue and expense forecasting, maintain versions of forecast and budget in financial/forecasting systems, and construct sophisticated reporting and forecasting workbooks or dashboards.
- Support our Sales team through target setting and executing sales commissions processes, including reporting and payouts.
- Provide real-time revenue and expense analysis during month-end close, oversee monthly operating expense reviews, budget versus actuals, flux analysis, and month-over-month analysis.
- Identify financial and operational issues/concerns and develop timely and appropriate intervention strategies.
- Extract, gather, and organize data from various sources/platforms, translating these findings into organized reporting dashboards and meaningful insights.
- Ensure the integrity of all financials and performance indicators.
- Identify and champion new analytic opportunities and approaches to support sustainable market growth, and use data analysis to inform future sales strategy.
- Partner with Operations, Sales, and Product to ensure smooth execution of deliverables and identify potential risks.
- Present actionable information and insights to team members and management.
- Work with the Corporate Controller to develop new automated reporting and create efficiencies surrounding existing manual reporting.
- Support mergers and acquisition activities
Requirements We are looking for the right person, not the exact list of requirements. If you believe your life experience has prepared you for similar challenges, we’d like to hear from you.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required (Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Operations Research or other Quantitative field a plus)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an analytical role with a focus on leveraging data
- Experience with Salesforce and Tableau
- Excellent Excel skills and experience with financial modeling
- Ability to manipulate large data sets using queries, coding languages such as SQL a plus
- Advanced problem solving and analysis skills
- Attention to detail is critical as deliverables will often be presented to senior management where accuracy is essential
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with employees of all levels
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take initiative
- Good attitude towards teamwork as well as the ability to work independently
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Working at previous startups is a plus
- Previous telecom experience is a plus
Benefits We care deeply about each other and the work we do, and our perks are just one way we demonstrate this. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including (but not limited to):
- 401(k) matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan options
- Health/dental/vision insurance coverage
- Wellness benefits (Calm app, gym reimbursement, ERG groups, etc)
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) (mental health, financial advice, legal guidance, and more)
- Maven Fertility options
- Pregnancy support
- Pet insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Disability coverage
You will have the best hardware, software, and tools available for you to do your work, and we provide excellent flexibility for working remotely as time and responsibilities allow. To promote your success and growth we offer educational opportunities, and anti-racism and LGBTQIA+ resource libraries, team activities, and many more. Visit our Built In Seattle page for even more information on what it’s like to work at Ookla. As required by applicable Pay Transparency laws, Ookla provides a range for the base pay. Factors that may be used to determine your actual pay may include your specific job related knowledge, skills, experience, and geographic location. The base pay for this position ranges from $140,000/year up to $170,000/year. If you’re passionate about joining the work we’re doing, we welcome your application and encourage applicants with both traditional and non-traditional experience that makes them an excellent candidate for the role. We strongly believe diversity of all kinds makes us better. We are an equal opportunity employer actively working to build an inclusive workforce at all levels of the company. Read our latest diversity report from our parent company here. Ookla is an equal opportunity employer, and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We want to ensure candidates have everything they need throughout our application and hiring process. If you have any individual needs related to disability or accessibility, we encourage you to contact and let us know how we can best accommodate you.