Job ID 1485972
Who we are:
ICAST (International Center for Appropriate and Sustainable Technology) is a 501c3 nonprofit that delivers green upgrades to multifamily affordable housing (MFAH) properties to fight the affordable housing, climate change, and social equity crises. We motivate people to act, leading to results that foster local economic development, environmental stewardship, and social responsibility. By 2025, we aim to serve 100,000 LMI households annually, reduce their utility costs by $270 Million and Carbon emission by 1.5 million tons, create 2,000 sustainable jobs, and invest over $100 Million in local communities.
Our Work Environment:
Collaborative, entrepreneurial, fast paced, inclusive, work/life balance, established career paths for certain positions, opportunities to job shadow, flexible schedules, robust onboarding, and above all passion for what we do.
Would you like to know more about working at ICAST? Click the link to hear from an ICAST employee! Why ICAST?
This position will manage the ICAST Engineering Department who are responsible for providing energy audit reports for Multifamily properties and verifying the actual EE upgrades are in line with the calculated savings. As the Engineering Manager you will provide leadership and supervision to the Engineering Department staff including mentoring, completing annual reviews, and other managerial duties as required.
Must Have Qualifications:
- 5 years’ experience in managing a technical staff of Energy Efficiency Engineers, Energy Modelers, Energy Auditors, QC Inspectors, DSM Program Analysts, etc.
- Motivational management style
- Technical degree in engineering or related field of study
- Microsoft Suite proficient
- Building Science knowledge
- Familiar with energy efficiency solutions
- Understanding of utility DSM programs
- Knowledge of Energy modeling with various modeling tools
Location: Remote in the U.S.A.
Reports to: President
Skill Level: Intermediate
Areas of Expertise: Leadership, People Management, Energy Engineering, Program Management, Energy Efficiency, Green Building Design
Compensation: $100K DOE
- Providing Supervision and leadership to ICAST’s Engineering Department staff
- Managing Engineering Department interactions within ICAST to ensure the department is meeting its deliverables
- Interfacing and coordinating directly with Multifamily clients in support of projects as needed.
- Coordinating with ICAST’s Utility and State Government customers for reporting requirements regarding their programs.
This Job Description is a guide listing the key responsibilities of the Job, not an all-inclusive list. It will be reviewed and revised periodically by management to meet the changing needs of ICAST.
- Company Health, Dental, and Life Insurance plan for the employee at no cost! (charges will be added for spouse and family coverage)
- Available Vision and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 403b Retirement Savings Plan available on day 1
- Unlimited PTO Plan
ICAST is a qualifying employer for Federal public student loan forgiveness. Visit for more details.
ICAST is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff and will honor your experiences, perspectives, and unique identity. We strive to create and maintain a working environment that is inclusive, equitable and welcoming. ICAST is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.