Job ID 1492859
About BestEx Research
BestEx Research is a financial technology and research firm specializing in building sophisticated execution algorithms and transaction cost modeling tools servicing multiple asset classes. The firm provides its services to performance-demanding hedge funds, CTAs, asset managers, and banks through a traditional electronic broker and in a broker-neutral Software as a Service (SaaS) model.
BestEx Research’s mission is to become the leader in automation and measurement of execution across asset classes globally and significantly reduce transaction costs for our clients.
Its cloud-based platform, Algo Management System (AMS), is the first end-to-end algorithmic trading solution for equities, futures, and foreign exchange that delivers an entire ecosystem around execution algorithms, including transaction cost analysis (TCA), an algo customization tool called Strategy Studio, a trading dashboard, and pre-trade analytics in a single platform. The platform is currently live for US equity and global futures trading.
BestEx Research is disrupting a $100 billion industry by challenging the status quo of stale, black-box solutions from banks and offering next-generation execution algorithms that combine performance improvement with transparency and customization. Visit for more information about our mission, products, research, and services.
Primary Job Responsibilities
We’re looking for a Senior Electronic Trading Salesperson / sales manager to help grow revenues for our fast-growing industry-leading multi-asset algorithmic trading product.
A good candidate has strong relationships with decision makers and experience serving at least one of the following segments of firms: Quantitative Hedge Funds, Hedge Funds, Long Only Equity Funds, or Sell Side Equity Trading Desks. Responsibilities include:
- Identify and develop leads into customers, facilitate onboarding of our algorithms and/or AMS platform, and service existing accounts.
- Deliver the highest level of service to all clients
- Understand the value proposition of BestEx Research products and be able to articulate in the form of a detailed presentation or a short elevator pitch
- Provide feedback on customer satisfaction and make recommendations to drive product innovation
- Prior experience in sales/produce sales capacity for electronic trading solutions or transaction cost analysis products
- Strong relationships with decision makers in at least one customer segment: Quantitative Hedge Funds, Hedge Funds, Long Only Equity Funds, or Sell Side Equity Trading Desks
- Understanding of US equity market structure or Futures electronic trading and competitive landscape among algorithmic execution platforms
- Understanding of execution algorithms and drivers of transaction costs
- Ability to connect with stake holders at various levels (e.g., head traders, PMs, executives)
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
Why work at BestEx Research?
If you want to help investors reduce their trading costs in an incredibly complex market structure and help create and shape an industry-defining product, then this is an excellent opportunity to join an incredibly talented team of 20+. BestEx Research has almost zero turnover, top notch clients, zero bureaucracy, and a flat organizational structure. It is a true meritocracy, set in a collaborative environment, where every employee is working on extraordinarily interesting projects. Our pay scale and benefits are comparable to top-tier firms in our industry, either in the form of cash compensation or a hybrid cash and equity compensation plan. Employees at BestEx Research have exposure to much more variety in the projects they complete and opportunities for growth than in similar roles at other firms.