Job ID 1510463
Adjust, an AppLovin (NASDAQ: APP) company, is trusted by marketers around the world to measure and grow their apps across platforms, from mobile to CTV and beyond. Adjust works with companies at every stage of the app marketing journey, from fast-growing digital brands to brick-and-mortar companies launching their first apps. Adjust’s powerful measurement and analytics suite provides visibility, insights and essential tools that drive better results.
Our global team is composed of team members with life experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives that mirror our customers around the world. We seek outstanding candidates who demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous learning and skill-building. We aim to support each other to ensure equitable and inclusive experiences, furthering our goal to create a culture of belonging that values the contributions of all team members.
We’re proud to have received several awards in Summer 2022, including G2’s Easiest Setup, Easiest Admin, Leader, and Easiest To Do Business With. Our CPO was also honored with a Top Women in Media Award, and we were named the Best Overall Mobile Marketing Solution of 2022. These accolades are a testament to the excellence and innovation of our award-winning company.
Get to know Engineering/ The Department
Our Engineering department is the dynamic powerhouse behind Adjust’s cutting-edge technologies. Through seamless collaboration with our Product and Support teams, we transform concepts into tangible, customer-centric solutions with a strong sense of ownership and an unwavering commitment to excellence. Get ready to witness the magic of our Engineering Department.
Make an Impact/ The role:
As a Head of Database you will be leading our Database team, a diverse, specialized and very skilled group of people. Your mission is to be the building block between this team and the other teams in the company who manage the infrastructure (Platform Engineering, Operating Systems, NetOps) and the teams using the databases (KPI, Backend, Frontend, Data Services). This is a unique opportunity to use your people management and technical leadership skills to deliver a big impact on our user experience and business goals.
Empower Your Potential/ Responsibilities:
- Lead, develop mentor, and grow a diverse and highly skilled team of PostgreSQL engineers with 8 people
- Engage with other teams and stakeholders to solve business problems, and create a roadmap, OKRs and define success metrics
- Bring all the support needed for the team to keep the data safe and secure
- Enable the team to support the growth of the company by pushing the development of internal projects (database upgrades, development of new extensions, secure systems ect.)
- Nurture a healthy team culture while fostering an inclusive and collaborative environment
- Invest time in hiring, onboarding, enabling, and performance evaluation of the database team
- Drive technology innovation by being up to date with the latest technology trends
- Work on challenging projects like upgrade of large databases without downtime
Bring Your Knowledge/ Experience & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience with PostgreSQL databases
- 3+ years of strong people and technical leadership experience in a fast growing environment
- You are a people person who can lead with empathy, respect, and trust
- Experience hiring, managing and growing a diverse engineering team across all levels
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage with technical/non-technical stakeholders in order to influence decision making
- Fluency in English
Enhance Your Experience / Perks & Benefits:
- Opportunity to make an impact on the ad-tech industry working for a forward-thinking leader in the space
- International, diverse teams with a strong focus on transparency, feedback and fun
- Education opportunities for ongoing professional development & continuous learning
- Company onboarding program where you’ll learn the ins-and-outs of our product with your fellow newbies
- Flexible workplace policy, allowing you to work either from home or our office space
- Generous vacation policy with flexible vacation days
- Additional health insurance
- Group life assurance
- Wellbeing support with qualified therapists
- Paid parental leave to support you and your little ones
- WFH program with remote online events (Coffee chats, team events, games, etc.)
- Monthly perk stipend to choose the perks that matter most to you
More details about our company culture and perks can be found on our career page.
Interested? Let’s Talk!
We understand thatimposter syndrome may sometimes hinder exceptional candidates from applying. So, don’t hold back-apply with confidence! We’re excited to hear from you and can’t wait to chat!
Equal opportunity employer
Adjust is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We champion a diverse and inclusive culture in all of our offices around the globe. We understand that all candidates are individuals with unique backgrounds and talents. At Adjust, we assess candidates on qualifications, merit and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you see a position that excites you, please apply! We would love to have you join us in our mission to build a global tech company where we’re all proud to belong to.
Adjust works with applicants through our Careers page and email addresses. If you are contacted through other unofficial channels, it may not be legitimate. Confirm the information here and feel free to apply directly below.