Job ID 1501300
At Strategic Financial Reporting, Inc. (SFR), our mission is to provide clients with superior personalized bookkeeping, tax, accounting, and consulting services by implementing practical solutions for all of our clients’ diverse needs. We provide these services to businesses of all sizes across the country, and we currently hold employees in nine different states. SFR is looking to hire an ambitious and hard working team member to support Human Resources & Payroll related actions.
As the Human Resources Supervisor at SFR, you will have the right to change your schedule and ensure that your duties focus on an area that you are passionate about so that we can ensure you are always working in your Perfect position.
This is a salaried & fully work from home position.
SFR currently has employees in the following states: Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Kentucky, Utah, Illinois, Wisconsin, California, and Ohio. The HR Supervisor will be expected to support payroll, payroll taxes, and HR requirements in these states. The specific states where SFR operates will vary depending on the current employees.
The Human Resources Supervisor would use their expertise to remotely support all payroll and HR related actions. This includes, but is not limited to payroll tax filing and payments, setup and maintenance of all state tax related accounts, modifying and creating policies, acting as an HR representative for other team members, and any other state & federal requirements as they relate to employee/employer relations.
- Ensure all employees follow all policies and procedures.
- Run payroll for all employees on a bi-weekly basis.
- Review and approve all time entries on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Manage the Employee Handbook and all related policies.
- Support the Operations and Executive team in updating policy as needed.
- Implementation of new and updated policy.
- Work closely with the management and technology departments to ensure proper Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are in place for all related areas of work.
- Support the hiring and onboarding process for all employees
- Oversee exit interviews and separation procedures
- Suggesting changes in policies and procedures based on employee and company needs and state and federal requirements
- Maintain continuous awareness of the HR requirements in each state that SFR currently has employees
- Set up, maintain, and close out (when needed) all payroll and employment requirements in new states
- Supervising all HR activities, communications, reports, requests and documents created and received by the team
- Support team training requirements and tracking
- Support OKRs
- As a fully remote telecommuting position, communication is one of the most important and valued skills at Strategic Financial Reporting, Inc. All team members are expected to communicate powerfully in all aspects of client support and internal services.
- Identify and recommend to your manager and the administrative team areas where we may be able to provide additional services or tools to improve client value and efficiency.
- Collaborate with your manager, the administrative team, and the client services teams to ensure all clients are satisfied with our services through timely and effective communication, and delivery on deadlines.
- SFR values growth and shared learning. You are encouraged to continue your education and training to ensure you stay up to date with the latest changes. All employees are expected to share what skills and training upon completion of the course.
- Monthly one-on-one meetings with your supervisor ensure that you and your supervisor are on the same page and allow us to guarantee that you continue to work your Perfect Position.
These are the ten core values that Strategic Financial Reporting team members live by:
- Do What You Say You are Going to Do.
- Increase Your Quality of Life. Work Smart- Do More With Less.
- Be Passionate and Determined. Love What You Do or Don’t Do It.
- Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded.
- Pursue Growth and Learning.
- Build Open and Honest Relationships With Effective Communication. Over-Communication Trumps No-Communication.
- Build a Positive Team, Family Spirit and Laugh Every Day.
- Leverage New and Innovative Technologies.
- Propose Solutions to All Problems
- Always Do Your Best.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Human Resources or related field such as management or finance
- Prior experience working in HR within one or more of the states listed below:
- Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Kentucky, Utah, Illinois, Wisconsin, California, and Ohio. (States are subject to change)
- Experience working within the accounting and/or tax industry highly desired
- 3+ Years of Experience with Microsoft 365 and Outlook Online Systems
- Including Outlook Online, Microsoft ToDo, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Teams Meetings, SharePoint, and OneDrive
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, ability to manage a wide variety of tasks and meet deadlines, and reliability/dependability
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion
- Efficient with deadlines
- Dedicated office space with a reliable, high-speed internet connection.
- Capacity and commitment to work 35-40 hours per week.
- Fully Remote – Work from Home
- Flexible schedule – build the schedule that works best for you.
- Monthly meetings with a Life Coach
- Opportunity for Growth & Advancement
- 40 Hours of Paid Sick Leave Annually
- Paid vacation hours accrued based on hours worked
- 5 Paid Holidays Annually – Choose your own holidays
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan (after 1 year) with company matching
- Medical Flexible Spending Account (FSA)