Job ID 1446720
Your new companyA well known public sector organisation based in the Brighton area offers hybrid working (c6 days a month in the office) to a qualified Auditor with excellent experience of public sector and IIA Audit requirements.
Your new roleYou will deliver formal audit reports and present findings at committee meetings, engaging across the business at all levels, including senior stakeholders.You will deliver independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to contribute to and improve the organisation’s operations. And support the organisation in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. You will deliver robust, evidence-based, independent assurance opinions in accordance with the agreed timetable and support the Head of Internal Audit in providing an opinion on the system of internal control, leading continuous improvement activities to improve audit practices, products and service.
What you’ll need to succeedYou should be a qualified Auditor and or Accountant (CMIIA/MIIA/ ICAEW, ACCA, CIPFA) with proven extensive experience as an Internal Auditor, engaging effectively with senior stakeholders to support the identification and management of key risks and to promote effective governance, risk management, control and assurance arrangements.
- Extensive experience applying Public Sector Internal Audit Standards and, mandatory elements of the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) of the Global Institute of Internal Auditors. (IIA)
- Experience auditing in an environment of substantial change with respect to both the core operating model and IT systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial and operational risks and controls in a regulatory government context with the ability to identify weaknesses therein and to develop practical and effective solutions.
What you’ll get in returnSalary between £48-52000
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
What you need to do nowIf you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this job isn’t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.