Job ID 1492286
Who We Are
Frida is more than a brand built to support parents. We get parents. We know all about the often unbelievable realities of parenthood, because we’ve been in the trenches. Over the last 9 years, we’ve dedicated ourselves to developing the tools (and sometimes the tips, too) that help simplify parenting – and it all started with snot. Since the launch of our cult-favorite NoseFrida, The SnotSucker, we’ve innovated and launched over 100 products that provide quick and easy solutions to age-old parenting problems. We also launched Frida Mom in 2019, with products to help women with the transition through the fourth trimester into motherhood. Today, Frida holds over a 70% share of its main category, and our products can be found in over 50+ countries and in over 40,000 stores throughout the US – in every retail channel from mass-market, grocery, chain drug, and specialty stores. For 9 years, we’ve had parents’ backs as they navigate the parts of parenthood you don’t usually see on the ‘gram with honest and raw messaging to provide the answers to questions they didn’t even know they had. And, we’re just getting started.
How You Will Make an Impact
Frida is looking for an International Sales Director to join our team and be responsible for strategic planning and execution of Frida’s international sales efforts via distributors and selling direct in specific markets. The International Sales Director will have extensive experience managing and mentoring a network of international country/region specific distributors. The ideal candidate will have a combination of a strong international sales background, analytic depth, communication skills, negotiation abilities, and familiarity with the cross-department requirements inherent in building a global brand. Responsibilities to include:
- Prospect, activate, and manage all direct sales accounts in the United Kingdom. Establish product availability timing, packaging needs, pricing, and marketing assets needed for all accounts. Responsible for UK retailer set up, relationship management, and product sell in
- Manage Swedish Sales office responsible for marketing and sales activations in market. Work together to ensure market strategy for direct sales accounts, marketing, evaluate product expansion opportunities, and pricing
- Establish go to market plans for all new products and work cross-functionally to ensure compliance, finance, supply, and packaging standards are met by individual product x market
- Oversight and leadership of the current Frida baby international distributor network with a focus on evaluating and auditing performance, optimizing existing relationships and profitably increasing international revenue
- Leading the education of the international distributors on the full range of Frida Baby and Frida Mom products (we have a robust new product pipeline) and the innovative marketing assets/campaigns to drive global awareness
- Identification and thorough vetting of new potential international distributor partners, oversight of distributor agreement negotiations and onboarding of new distributors
- Collaboratively working with each distributor to provide timely and accurate forecasts for each distributor with budget variances tracked on a rolling quarterly basis
- Build and maintain effective relationships with distributors through situational and business performance analysis, shared strategic objectives, tactical plans, critical success factors, and budgeting
- Oversee UK social media community manager to ensure accurate communication of product availability, relevant content, and retailer sales or promotions
- Provide analysis on key trends, competitive activity, general marketplace activity and present recommendations to profitably drive increased market share
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree in International Business, Marketing, or related field
- 10+ years of senior sales management/international distributor oversight
- Prior senior level experience driving international sales at consumer-packaged goods companies is highly desired. Additionally, relevant experience working with international distributors, large international baby products and pharmacy chains is strongly preferred.
- Significant experience working within and among the executive level of a fast-paced CPG company
- Established, proven relationships in the pharmacy channel and/or baby products industry is preferred
- Successful track record building, managing, developing and retain teams
- Exceptional negotiation and conflict resolution skills. Strong problem solving, decision making skills
- Energetic, positive team player attitude ready for the demands of a high energy, fast-paced company environment with a no-task-to-small work ethic.
- A people first approach. Proven ability to build enduring professional relationships with cross-functional employees, partners, vendors and others leading to outstanding performance.
- Self-starter who can prioritize, organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive them to completion effectively with high attention to detail and quality.
- Creative thinker who can come up with innovative and effective ways to operationally support fast-paced growth.
- Thought leader with strong strategic thinking, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
- A sense of urgency to quickly, decisively, and efficiently resolve business issues
- Excellent communication skills and negotiation abilities
- Committed to learning and expanding one’s own professional and technical knowledge
- Proven experience in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Track record of success leading and developing teams
Who You Will Work With
Frida is an organization that values collaboration and community. As the International Sales Director, you will work closely with Marketing Activation, Sales & Sales Planning, Brand Management, Operations, and Product Development teams.
Why You Will Love Working at Frida
- Robust health benefits including:
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental plans
- Employer paid life insurance
- Supplemental insurance options including Accident Insurance, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- FSA & HSA
- 401k matching up to 4% with immediate vesting
- Generous paid time off program including elective PTO days, federal holidays, sick/wellness days, and a birthday floater
- Flexible paid pregnancy and parental leave
- Weekly wellness programming including manicures & pedicures, massages, and carwashes
- Dog friendly office – feel free to bring your best buddy with you to work!
- Learning & development opportunities for professional and personal growth
- Company-wide events & outings- we know how to throw a party! Team engagement is at the epicenter of our culture, whether it’s getting together for our annual Fam Jam bash or giving back to our community through a day of service
- Exclusive employee product discounts