Job ID 1432873
We have been made aware of a global phishing campaign where employees from companies are being impersonated. We are confident that no PageGroup system has been breached. Find out how to protect yourself
Legal Counsel – Energy Projects (London / Home working)
- Role for a lawyer with experience of UK power and/or infrastructure sectors
- High profile energy projects work for a lawyer with circa 2 – 5 years PQE
About Our Client
Our Client is an investor in and owner and operator of power generation asset throughout the UK (both traditional energy and renewable).
The role will require you to provide legal support across the business, but with a focus on energy development and construction projects in the UK, the acquisition of suitable energy assets / development opportunities on the secondary market as well as the operation and optimisation of the organisation’s existing fleet of energy assets. This will involve:
- advising the project and execute teams on issues and transactions arising through the whole lifecycle of renewable and conventional energy projects;
- advising on key construction, commercial, planning and finance agreements with local and international counterparties;
- providing legal, regulatory, procurement and commercial support operational gas and biomass assets;
- advising on the acquisition of renewable and conventional energy assets, businesses and development opportunities; and
- advising on other corporate, commercial and finance transactions within the renewable energy and infrastructure sectors.
You will have access to in-depth supervision and support from senior team members,
Your responsibilities will vary, but can be expected to include:
- assessing and advising directors and senior team members on project risks and risk management strategies;
- advising, independently and in conjunction with senior lawyers and/or external counsel on standard form construction documents, corporate documents and commercial contracts;
- ensuring that projects and transactions comply with all relevant corporate and regulatory requirements;
- working closely with and advising the commercial and financial specialists within the team in negotiations and assisting prompt decision-making among key stakeholders;
- providing proactive legal support to commercial and operations teams on projects that are in-contract and completed, and assist monitoring of on-going performance to enable the business to anticipate issues and manage risks that may arise;
- reviewing or performing legal due diligence where required;
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be likely to be a common law qualified lawyer with 2 and 5 years post qualification experience.
They will have experience in an established projects, construction or relevant commercial team.
An interest in, and experience of, the power and infrastructure sectors is essential.
A good understanding of early stage dispute management, court and arbitration processes would be an advantage but you do not need contentious experience for this non-contentious projects role.
Previous in-house experience would be an advantage but it is not a pre-requisite.
What’s on Offer
For further information about the package on offer for this role, please apply or contact the exclusively instructed agent, David Taylor of Michael Page Legal.
Michael Page is part of the PageGroup. Michael Page is a trading name of Michael Page International Recruitment Limited. Registered in England No. Registered Office: 200 Dashwood Lang Road, Bourne Business Park, Addlestone, Surrey, KT15 2NX