Job ID 1491036
Ever eat an Impossible Burger, cooked plant-based chicken, or recycle a plastic water bottle? There isn’t a facet of modern life that chemical engineers have not touched.
Chemical engineers have been part of almost every major development from plastics and fibers to unleaded gasoline to solar power and medicines. If it’s modern, chemical engineers helped make it happen.
AIChE, founded in 1908, is a professional society of more than 60,000 chemical engineers in 110 countries. Its members work in corporations, universities, and government, using their knowledge of chemical processes to develop safe and useful products for the benefit of society. AIChE fosters and disseminates chemical engineering knowledge, assists the professional and personal growth of its members, and applies the expertise of its members to address societal needs and improve the quality of life. Through its varied programs, AIChE continues to be a focal point for information exchange on the frontiers of chemical engineering research in such areas as energy, sustainability, biological and environmental engineering, nanotechnology, and chemical plant safety and security.
The AIChE Program Development team is responsible for the development and implementation of numerous AIChE’s chemical engineering conferences. The team works closely with volunteers to develop the technical program of the conference and serves as the overall lead project manager working with cross-functional groups within AIChE.
We are seeking an intern to support multiple projects for our Program Development team throughout the rest of 2023 and start of 2024 with potential for an extension. Throughout this internship, while helping us to deliver products and learning to our members, you will begin to understand how AIChE and its conferences operate, as well as build relationships with professionals and faculty in the field.
- Administrative support for numerous conference projects, including:
- AIChE Spring Meeting
- AIChE Annual Meeting
- Specialty Conferences as needed
- Perform data analysis
- Classification of abstracts into appropriate programming categories based on abstract topic, disciplines and unit operations of Chemical Engineering
Qualifications and Skills:
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills a must
- Good communication skills
- Strong attention to details
- Creative problem solver
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Must be comfortable contacting volunteers
- The ability to work independently and also in a team environment
- Prior conference organization or project management experience a plus
Software and Proficiency:
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be familiar with MS Outlook
- Content Management System (CMS) knowledge a plus
- MS Publisher knowledge a plus
- Background or basic studies in Chemical Engineering or related discipline preferred
Currently pursuing an Undergraduate or Graduate degree, preferred
- Compensation for this role is $15/hr.
The American Institute of Chemical Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.