Job ID 1490603
Project Manager – FOAXIAL DevCo-as-a-Service (DaaS)
Are you a seasoned Project Manager with a track record of success in handling complex projects, navigating regulatory landscapes, and ensuring safety in project delivery? Do you excel in leading teams and managing diverse inputs and deliverables? If so, we invite you to join our team working on the FOAXIAL DevCo-as-a-Service accelerator for First-of-a-kind (FOAK) projects.
FOAXIAL, delivered by Deep Science Ventures (DSV) and its partners, aims to prepare the teams developing key decarbonization technologies for their FOAK onto nth-of-a-kind projects. Collaborating with a global network and key EPCs, corporates, investors and philanthropy, we aim to facilitate emissions reductions in select industrial sectors by accelerating later stage startups and providing them the operational, financial, and partnerships support to succeed.
We are in search of a Project Manager to lead the development of project delivery as a part of the FOAXIAL program. This individual will be responsible for managing and advising on land-related project preparation aspects, interconnection processes, permits, contracting inputs and deliverables, and ensuring a strong focus on safety among participating startups and partners. This individual will be leading teams, both internally and externally, to deliver thorough, safe, and implementable project plans.
- Oversee the development and execution of project plans, with a specific focus on land acquisition, interconnection processes, permits, and contracting inputs and deliverables.
- Lead and manage project teams, build project schedules, assign responsibilities, identify and plan for risks and key deliveries.
- Support engagement with startup teams and founders, including selection and diligence and programmatic support.
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders, providing leadership in the areas of land management, interconnection, permits, contracting, and safety.
- Contribute to the overall project design and delivery, with a keen focus on safety measures and compliance.
- Evaluate and measure project impact, capturing case studies, best practices, and lessons learned related to site-specific project development activities.
- Develop external communications materials to support project strategies.
- 5+ years of professional work experience, including a minimum of 1+ year in a project management role.
- Proven experience in leading teams of project managers and overseeing land-related aspects, interconnection processes, permits, and contracting inputs and deliverables.
- Strong background in safety management within project delivery
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong references from previous work experiences.
- Experience in project delivery (particularly site specific preparation) within the industrial sector, particularly in areas such as hydrogen, cement, chemicals, carbon dioxide removal, cooling, and/or steel/refining.
- Familiarity with clean energy concepts, including renewable electricity, clean hydrogen, and low-carbon fuels.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and assess risk.
- Experience managing complex stakeholder groups and training/supporting project managers
Deep Science Ventures is scaling invention. Uniquely, we work from societal outcomes backwards and deploy a process of invention, ideation and problem-solving. DSV’s flagship programme is a decentralised, global venture creator which has generated a portfolio of 39 science-based companies, worth more than a third of a billion dollars and backed by Elon Musk, Bill Gates, Sam Altman, Patrick Collison and others, based across the world in London, San Francisco, New York, Amsterdam, Zurich and beyond. We specialise in creating companies to solve problems in climate, biodiversity and agriculture, therapeutics and computing. You can read more about the climate team’s thesis here.