Job ID 1527342
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS/SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Reports to Manager with no direct reports.
The Care Coordination Team is seeking an experienced Certified/Registered Medical Assistant who has working knowledge of physician practice protocols and procedures and is committed to the continuous improvement of the patient experience, patient safety, quality of care, and excellent service.
The Care Coordinator will support the ongoing development of patient-centered, team-based care by serving as a professional liaison, advocate, and informational resource for patients and families, clinicians, and Care Teams to enhance patient-centered care coordination and continuity of care.
All duties listed below are essential unless noted otherwise
1. Assess and meet the needs of patients, while helping them navigate effectively and efficiently across the health care continuum.
2. Provide episodic care coordination for patients discharged from the Emergency Room; coordinate follow-up care, assess SDOH needs, and communicate with Care Team as appropriate.
3. Perform patient outreach to targeted populations via telephone, mailings, and patient portal messaging for specific preventative and disease management interventions.
4. Identify risk factors or barriers to patient care and connect patients to community, social, and health resources and/or refer complex patients to Care Navigation and Care Coordination programs as appropriate.
5. Provide an effective communication link between patient and Care Teams.
6. Obtain and analyze clinical quality and population health data to identify, address, and close care opportunities.
7. Conduct detailed chart reviews, abstract, and import clinical quality data and records into EHR.
8. Support practice transformation efforts by motivating staff and providers to make meaningful changes to their processes to improve care delivery in the practice.
9. Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
10. Travel may be required.
Years of Experience: 3 years or relevant experience three years working in a physician’s office or related health care setting OR significant relative experience in a healthcare setting
Education: Must be a high school graduate or its equivalent. Medical Assisting Diploma/Certificate or Associate in Medical Assisting.
Certification: Certified/Registered Medical Assistant. Responsible for maintaining certifications and completing continuing education units for RMA/CMA and CPR. Or willing to obtain RMA/CMA and CPR certifications within 90 days of hire.
• Creates a positive, professional, service-oriented work environment with proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, clinicians, patients, and all inter-departments and external customers, respects cultural differences
• Must demonstrate and promote a strong commitment to achieving customer satisfaction
• Must be able to work independently and on a team
• Must be able to understand directions, communicate and respond to inquiries; must possess excellent telephone etiquette and telephone multitasking skills, verbal, and written communication skills
• Must demonstrate the ability to work effectively and accurately complete tasks within established deadlines; must be able to work independently to solve problems and prioritize tasks and deadlines
• Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple competing projects
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, email, computer navigation and EHR knowledge
Personal Protective Equipment: N/A
Physical Demands: May require occasional lifting or carrying of light equipment or supplies
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category . In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace