Job ID 1515043
Repair Station Field Airborne Support Tech Sr A&P-Remote Opportunity $5,000 Sign On Bonus Eligible
Must be available on an on-call basis, with the ability to be on site or dispatched within two hours of the initial contact from Gulfstream.
Recruiting in the Northeast region Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Ohio, and West Virginia.
Education and Experience Requirements High School Diploma or GED required. 6 years combined experience in inspection, maintenance or servicing of large/mid-size acft to include 2 years experience on Corporate acft. Gulfstream acft experience preferred A&P (FAA Airframe and Powerplant) license required. Valid Driver’s License required. Other Ability to obtain a passport required.
Independently performs a variety of aircraft modifications and maintenance functions on AOG aircraft on road trips and in the Product Support org. Duties include adv troubleshooting, removal and installations of airframes, landing gear, engine components, electrical components, control systems and any other maintenance requirements to assure conformance to procedures, performances, and test specs on customer live in-service aircraft. Supports the customer in diagnosing and resolving technical problems with the aircraft, including the ability return an aircraft to service. Job Description
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be available on an on-call basis, with the ability to be on site or dispatched on the FAST acft within two hours of the initial contact from Gulfstream. Must be able to communicate effectively with the customer, scheduling, FAST flight crews, Tech Ops, business office, vendors, Warranty, Field Service Reps and Hangar Ops. Acts as the single point of contact between Gulfstream and the customer to relay the acft schedule and return to service expectations .
- Performs required. AOG maintenance and necessary servicing of all acft mechanical and avionics systems. Must demonstrate the ability to work independently and consistently to perform assigned maintenance and avionics tasks within the quoted or std CMP time with little or no supervision .
- Complies with adv troubleshooting techniques for all model acft with assistance from Tech Ops .
- Orders and receives all tooling and matls needed to service the AOG acft. Arranges the shipment of all core units and tooling back to Gulfstream .
- Coordinates with the Inspection Dept to ensure compliance with internal and FAA inspection and doc requirements. Acts as delegated Quality rep as assigned on road trips. Properly completes work order sign-offs, logbook entries, shift turnovers, expense reports and all paper work in a timely manner .
- Ensures that work accomplished meets quality stds and specs .
- Establishes and maintains a professional working relationship with the customer and provides one-on-one direct familiarization briefings with the customer during the road trip .
- Properly identifies (tags) customer property and equipment. Stores acft components and other customer property securely and safely .
- Follows SOPs and JSAs/JRAs when operating GSE. Operates and supervises use of special support equipment used in removal and installations of major components .
- Coordinates with Line Service and FBO ops to schedule movement of acft and assist with movement of acft. Arranges the overhaul or repair of customer property and inspect/operate all interior installations and record discrepancies .
- Provides regular updates on aircraft status and all customer support activity to Field Svc Rep and mgmt .
- Assists in training new employees .
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Formal training in the Gulfstream product line maintenance procedures and practices preferred. to include Flight Safety Maintenance initial training for specific models required. to support.
- Must possess a working knowledge of the company policies and procedures, Repair Station and QC Manual, pertinent process specs, and tech reference materials.
- Must possess a strong grasp of all acft avionics and mech systems and how they are related. Must possess the ability and understanding to comply with all system checkouts on an in-service acft.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Requisition Number: 216914
Category: Service Center
Percentage of Travel: Up to 100%
Employment Type: Full-time
Posting End Date: 02/01/2024
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
Legal Information Site Utilities Contacts Sitemap
Copyright 2023 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved. A General Dynamics Company.
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the world’s most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft