Job ID 1491448
RTI Health Solutions (RTI-HS), a business unit of RTI International, is an independent and internationally recognized research organization. We provide healthcare consulting and research expertise to optimize decision making for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device products across the development and marketing lifecycle. Clients rely on our expertise, quality standards, and integrity to guide their product development and regulatory and market access strategies. Our various practice areas include Market Access and Outcomes Strategy, Health Economics, Patient-Centered Outcomes Assessment, Pharmacoepidemiology, Surveys and Observational Studies, Biostatistics, and Health Preference Assessment. RTI-HS has office locations in the US, UK, Spain, France, and Sweden.
Our biostatisticians at RTI-HS play a central role in the planning and analysis of clinical trials and observational studies. We are trained in advanced statistical and programming techniques and work collaboratively with some of the foremost experts in real-world and health outcomes pharmaceutical research.
We are now looking to add a Senior Biostatistician to our growing team in the US. In this exciting role, you will lead and perform statistical research tasks of moderate to high technical complexity while ensuring quality of statistical analysis and programming for supported projects. You will Provide statistical consulting to internal colleagues and clients, as well as supervise or mentor team members in the development of complex analysis plans, programming, and reporting.
Additional responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Write reports and proposals that demonstrate organization and clarity, employing innovative approaches where applicable.
- Work effectively as a member of a cross-functional team, identifying key issues that require a statistical solution and working with more senior staff to find solutions.
- Contribute to professional development of staff and scientific stature of the department and prepares presentations for external audiences.
- Assume responsibility for project timelines and budgets.
Please include a cover letter highlighting your experience applying CDISC standards and you experience working on observational studies.
- MS. in Statistics/Biostatistics or related field with 10+ years of experience conducting statistical tasks in pharmaceutical/healthcare research or related environments, or:
- PhD in Statistics/Biostatistics or related field with 6+ years experience conducting statistical tasks in pharmaceutical/healthcare research or related environments
- Demonstrated experience in statistical leadership, including analysis planning, data cleaning and database construction, programming, and interpretation of results.
- Demonstrated experience in CDISC standards and development of ADaM datasets
- Demonstrated SAS programming skills; R skills valued
- Demonstrated writing, communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience in the analysis of observational study data, particularly electronic medical record or healthcare claims databases is desirable but not required
- Strong interpersonal skills working with multidisciplinary teams in an inclusive manner
- Self-motivated learner and problem solver
EEO & Pay Equity Statements
For San Francisco, CA USA Job Postings Only: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Further information is available here.
The anticipated pay range for this role is listed below. Our pay ranges represent national averages and may vary by location as a geographic differential may be applied to some locations within the United States.
RTI considers multiple factors when making an offer including, for example: established salary range, internal budget, business needs, and education and years of work experience possessed by the applicant. Further, salary is merely one element to our offer.
At RTI, we demonstrate our commitment to rewarding individual and team achievement through a total rewards package. This package includes (among other things) a competitive base salary, a generous paid time off policy, merit based annual increases, bonus opportunities and a robust recognition program. Other benefits include a competitive range of insurance plans (including health, dental, life, and short-term and long-term disability), access to a retirement savings program such as a 401(k) plan, paid parental leave for all parents, financial assistance with adoption expenses or infertility treatments, financial reimbursement for education and developmental opportunities, an employee assistance program, and numerous other offerings to support a healthy work-life balance.
Equal Pay Act Minimum/Range