Job ID 1498397
If you are a Jazz employee please apply via the Internal Career site
Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc (NASDAQ: JAZZ) is a global biopharmaceutical company whose purpose is to innovate to transform the lives of patients and their families. We are dedicated to developing life-changing medicines for people with serious diseases – often with limited or no therapeutic options. We have a diverse portfolio of marketed medicines and novel product candidates, from early- to late-stage development, in neuroscience and oncology. We actively explore new options for patients including novel compounds, small molecules and biologics, and through cannabinoid science and innovative delivery technologies. Jazz is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and has employees around the globe, serving patients in nearly 75 countries. For more information, please visit and on Twitter.
The Senior Principal will be responsible for leading and managing the implementation of innovative technical initiatives across the IDASP department. The Senior Principal will support Clinical Studies, Medical Affairs and Value, RWE and other Data Science department areas.
- Lead on technical initiatives and projects involving new innovative technologies, analytics and processes
- Lead development design, coding, validation and documentation of new tools / packages using modern open-source languages such as R/Python/Julia
- Lead development of open-source standard code libraries, repositories and templates
- Lead development of workflows and pipelines enabling use of novel data types (e.g. RWD)
- Lead implementation of modern software development best practices (e.g. DevOps, CD/CI)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent technical programming skills in R/Python
- Good understanding of modern analytics environments (e.g. cloud computing, version control, database types)
- Thorough knowledge of statistics within the drug development process
- Understanding of programming concepts and techniques in the pharmaceutical industry and ability to correct limitations in strategy proactively
- Willingness to explore, experiment and critically assess new technologies and processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication within the Data Science department group and across the wider RnD organization
- Familiarity with CDISC standards, including SDTM and ADaM models
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Life Sciences, or other relevant scientific fields; Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in leading software development activities with-in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech/CRO Industry or other Analytical field
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
FOR US-BASED CANDIDATES ONLY
Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices and we strive to provide employees with total compensation packages that are market competitive. For this role, the anticipated base pay range is $148,000-$194,250. The exact base pay offered for this role will depend on various factors, including but not limited to the candidate’s qualifications, skills, and experience.
At Jazz, your base pay is only one part of your total compensation package. The successful candidate may also be eligible for a discretionary annual cash bonus or incentive compensation (depending on the role), in accordance with the terms of the Company’s Global Cash Bonus Plan or Incentive Compensation Plan, as well as discretionary equity grants in accordance with Jazz’s Long Term Equity Incentive Plan.
The successful candidate will also be eligible to participate in various benefits offerings, including, but not limited to, medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k retirement savings plan, and flexible paid vacation. For more information on our Benefits offerings please click here: