Job ID 1440842
Role: Skills Tutor/Assessor (Online)
Location: Home based
Salary: Grade 5 £27,250 – £30,500
What are we looking for?
Do you want to be able to have the opportunity to transform the lives of adult learners? You really would in this role.
We are looking to recruit a Skills Tutor/Assessor to deliver across different sector areas to adult learners. You will have an essential role in supporting our customers to achieve their learning goals and secure sustainable employment and/or continued career progression in the workplace.
The Skills Tutor/Assessor has an essential role in supporting our customers achieve their learning goals and secure sustainable employment and / or continued career progression in the workplace.
As a Skills Tutor/Assessor in the curriculum delivery team you will be an experienced teaching practitioner committed to delivering an outstanding learning experience to all customers.
You will be teaching in a fast-paced environment and will be able to adapt your delivery to meet group and individual learning needs.
Roles & Responsibilities
In this role you will:
- Be working on Adult Skills programmes, teaching in a fast-paced environment and will be able to adapt your delivery to meet group and individual learning needs.
- Support people into sustainable employment or progression through the delivery of outstanding teaching, learning and assessment in a group or individual environment.
- Plan and deliver inspirational teaching, learning and assessment to candidates studying towards their qualification across a range of levels.
- Ensure all taught sessions are adapted to meet the individual candidate s needs.
DUTIES AND RESPOSIBILITIES
- To support people into sustainable employment through the delivery of outstanding teaching, learning and assessment in a group, individual or online environment.
- Plan and deliver inspirational teaching, learning and assessment to candidates towards nationally recognised qualifications at Entry Level 3, Level 1, 2 and 3.
- Ensure all taught sessions are adapted to meet the individual candidate needs, successfully embedding essential and transferrable skills, Math s, English, and Digital skills to support ongoing development in these areas.
- Work collaboratively with others to design, produce, deliver inspirational and challenging training activities and materials related to accredited courses.
- Contribute to regular reviews of all training materials to ensure they are appropriate, fit for purpose, challenging and inspirational, identifying any improvement required based on candidate and employer feedback and supporting the completion of any improvements.
- To ensure all candidates complete appropriate initial assessment and that this is used to inform individual learning plans; enroll candidates onto the appropriate training programme to meet their individual career aspirations.
- Working with the Learning Support Assistant, provide ongoing support to learners, to ensure successful completion of accredited training programmes within agreed timescales and continuous review of their learning journey.
- Establish and maintain an inclusive learning environment for all candidates, ensuring health and safety and accessibility are always monitored.
- Monitor candidates progress, taking full responsibility for the caseload of candidates, ensuring progress with timely submissions of work, leading to timely completion.
- Ensure work is marked timely and developmental feedback is provided to the candidates.
- Work closely with Quality Team and Compliance Team colleagues to ensure all required documentation is to the required standard, and Company, funding body and Awarding Body requirements are met.
- Undertake an active role in all standardisation activities to ensure consistency across all areas of provision, share best practice to support excellence in teaching and assessment.
- Maintain own professional practice and occupational competency within the taught vocational sector.
Who Are We?
We support people and businesses to develop, grow and be the best they can be. Rated by OFSTED as Good, all of our services are clear, enterprising and bespoke. We are leading a change in career support that focuses on the whole person not just the job applicant. Our mission is to be at the forefront of careers advice, skills and support that turn ambition into a successful career and fulfilling life. At Client, our company-wide values underpin who we are and what we do, and it s essential that all colleagues share these.
- Have passion
- Do the right thing
- Make a difference
Join our team and help us make a difference to people s lives.
What can we offer?
- Pension Plus Plan: Automatic enrolment into the People s Pension scheme with 5% employer contribution and 3% employee contribution.
- Holidays: 25 days Annual leave + 8 Bank Holidays during first year of service increasing to 30 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10.
- Westfield Health insurance covering optical and dental appointments and 24/7 counselling and advice.
- Westfield Rewards: Access to special offers on goods and services from 450 leading online and high street retailers
- Holiday Plus: Opportunity to buy additional leave after a year s service.
- Protection of Loss of No Claims Bonus/Excess Insurance Scheme: Designed to provide a measure of compensation for Loss of Bonus or payment of Excess,
- Travel Schemes: Schemes with Nottingham City Transport and Tram network to provide discounted rates for regular bus and tram travel