Job ID 1495991
The Application Developer Sr Consultant II develops code for complex modules, participates in design reviews, conducts code reviews, creates test plans and participates in testing reviews, and resolves moderate defects. The Sr Consultant II designs, documents, reviews, and maintains components of software solutions for complex projects.
Under limited supervision, the Sr. Consultant II works closely with business partners to identify needs and design technology solutions to: overcome process bottlenecks, reduce use of contingent claim resources, reduce compliance risks, or generally increase operational efficiency. They are often required to deliver tactical solutions that can be implemented within a few days. They are responsible for all phases of the application development cycle: beginning with requirements gathering, through release, and ultimately ongoing user support.
- Critiques and evaluates detailed business, functional, and high-level technical requirements (including recovery, security and audit)
- Ensures that design/code reviews are scheduled and executed; provide feedback and recommends solutions; ensures that design standards and documentation are followed and certifies that code meets quality standards; reviews and critiques code presented by team members.
- Develops code for intermediate to complex modules with high-level architecture, following documentation and development standards
- Develops or confirms detailed project or system change estimates or project plans, calibrate estimating factors for continuous improvements
- Creates enhanced technical documentation and implement changes
- Acts as a technical expert for Band B and Band C1 application developers
- Creates accurate test plans, conditions, and data; participates in testing reviews to include conducting basic levels of module and integration testing according to process standards; track and resolve moderate defects.
- Identifies support issues and initiate action to resolve the problem and provides technical assistance to resolve complex issues.
- Executes change management activities supporting production deployment to Developers, Quality Control Analysts, and Environment Management personnel
This job does not have supervisory duties
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years of related experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Recognizes and understands use of design patterns for intermediate applications
- Applies usability and future state architectures to develop technical components according to design specifications
- Creates and executes unit tests and assists Quality Control personnel with functional tests.
- Completes and delivers migration or change management form to Developers, Quality Control Analysts, and Environment Management personnel
- Participates on projects of critical importance; may own pieces of critical project from start to finish
- Subject matter expert on professional standards and trends with web development, data base design, and automations and business goals and strategies.
- Uses subject matter expertise to coach less experienced employees, determine priorities and serve as a point of contact for areas outside of direct team and can take on assignments without direct supervision
- Uses experience, innovation and judgement to make decisions that may be based on partial information. Identifies and resolves unique problems within field of expertise. Resolves problems where precedent may not exist
- Develops in-depth ideas and materials; ensures understanding of technical matters by non-technical, decision makers. Develops and uses subtle strategies to influence or persuade others; particularly in sensitive or high-pressure situations. Extends capabilities by working closely with senior team members/experts
- Focuses on implementing and executing strategies within own team
National General prides itself on offering our employees a robust Total Rewards package which includes base salary. The base range offered for the role is: $70,500 – $115,000 and may vary based on internal equity, and job-related skills, knowledge and experience; among other factors. Other financial components may be added as part of the competitive compensation package, in addition to a full range of benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at .