Job ID 1439979
Who You Are:
As the Senior Manager, Data Science, you will be responsible for leading and managing our Data Science team, driving the development and execution of data-driven strategies, and ensuring the successful implementation of machine learning and data analytics solutions. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver actionable insights and support decision-making processes. This role reports VP, Engineering and Office of the CTO and is a key leadership position within our organization.
Who We Are:
Spiceworks Ziff Davis (SWZD) is a global organization with a work from anywhere approach to getting the job done. We help the world’s businesses find, adopt, and manage the latest technologies. We also help technology brands build, market, and sell better products and services. Millions of technology buyers and hundreds of brands later, we’ve built the platforms they use to get their jobs done and make them better at what they do, every day. The SWZD ecosystem touches over 90% of all technology spending Think about the impact of that!
We are uniquely positioned to offer our clients (top international companies such as HPE, IBM, Adobe, and SAP) unmatched visibility into in-market accounts by leveraging our scale, quality, and broad spectrum of B2B data. Unparalleled access to the world’s most influential technology buyers combined with proprietary algorithms and cutting-edge analytics enables SWZD to be the leader in intent-backed, intelligent, omnichannel marketing.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide strategic vision and leadership to the data science team, nurturing an environment of innovation and collaboration. Establish well-defined objectives, oversee team performance, and cultivate the growth of team members’ skills and abilities.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to develop data-driven strategies that align with business objectives and drive growth as we develop our next generation of marketing technology. Identify opportunities to leverage data analytics and machine learning to gain a competitive advantage.
- Oversee the analysis of large datasets to extract meaningful insights, trends, and patterns. Use statistical techniques and machine learning models to solve complex business problems.
- Spearhead the creation of predictive models, recommendation systems, and various other data science solutions aimed at enhancing operational efficiency, elevating customer experiences, and refining our product offerings.
- Establish data governance policies and practices to protect sensitive information. Ensure data quality, accuracy, and security standards are maintained.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management, sales and customer success to identify and address data-related needs and opportunities.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in data science and machine learning. Recommend and implement new tools and technologies as needed.
What You Need:
- Proven experience (8+years) in Data Science, with at least 3 years in a management role.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, or a related field.
- Strong knowledge of data analysis, machine learning, and statistical modelling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in programming languages like Python, R, SQL
- Experience in big data technology and cloud-based development (prefer AWS)
- Specialization in Deep Learning, NLP, OR, RL, Time Series, MLOps, etc.
- Experience using a wide range of data science and engineering tools and technologies including Matillion, Snowflake, PySpark, Kubernetes, Tableau, Open Source packages, etc.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Strong project management and team management skills.
- Understanding of data privacy and compliance regulations (e.g., GDPR, CCPA).
- Knowledge of NLP/Recommender Systems/RTB/Martech is an added advantage.
Perks and Benefits
- Unlimited flexible time off
- Volunteer paid time off
- Generous holidays
- Recognition Programs – yes there are multiple, AND prizes!
- Remote-first work experience and a work from anywhere culture
- Weekly coffee chats with leaders
- Wellness and mindfulness programs
- Career advancement opportunities
- Sick days
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Bi-weekly Townhalls
- Regional holiday celebrations
- Community give-back celebrations
- Transportation Assistance for night-shift employees
- Unwavering commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Employee stock purchase program
- and more!
In terms of logistics, all interviews will take place over phone or video
Spiceworks Ziff Davis is a safe, inclusive workplace for people of all backgrounds and walks of life. Some candidates may see a long list of job requirements and feel discouraged because they don’t match every single bullet point – we suggest, please apply anyway. We’re flexible on location wherever possible – we are a Work From Anywhere company. We don’t believe in a “perfect” candidate because we believe in our core value, “Evolve and Adapt Quickly”. If you believe this is a role that you’ll be excited to work in every day, want to be a part of a culture like ours, and will be relentless about pushing boundaries to succeed, please apply.