Job ID 1490841
Datex is an industry leader providing state of the art software solutions for warehousing and logistics partners.
The Sr. Pre-Sales Engineer will partner with our Account Executives in a pre-sales role, showcasing Datex’s product solutions by setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to customers, and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs. Collaboration with Account Managers to engage with prospects and to develop and demonstrate customer solution offerings is a key function in this role. This role reports directly to our Sr. Director of Consulting.
Role and Responsibilities
- Supports deals assigned to the sales team, prioritizing pre-sales effort based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit, or as directed by the Sales Director.
- Proactively scopes and addresses customer requirements by performing prospect discovery sessions both in person and virtual. Assesses customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommends Datex solutions that optimize value for both the customer and Datex.
- Gathers input from all necessary stakeholders within the prospective clients org structure as well as within Datex. Adapts solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support.
- Coordinates closely with sales, sales support, and professional service resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements.
- Performs detailed solutions presentations and demonstrations of Datex solutions to prospects based on requirements. Performs diligent preparation and coordination with Account Executives
- Gathers from customer technical staff commitments needed to ensure a deal’s “technical close.”
- Develop and present Datex Value Propositions for prospects based on Datex solutions.
- Stays up to date on Datex solutions, supply chain and distribution trends, and technologies in the industry.
- Provides coaching and professional development to team member sales associates in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
- Opportunistically pursues additional business development opportunities within customer firms.
- Collaborates with sales to ensure these opportunities are effectively covered
- Proven track record of revenue attainment.
- Outstanding interpersonal abilities, and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, plus analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Positive, service-oriented personality
- Willingness to travel 40% of the time
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems or related technologies
- Strong understanding of Software Development, Deployment, and Sales Cycle
- You have a knowledge of baseline pre-sales skills and in-depth knowledge in SaaS sales.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience in engineering, information systems, or business administration
- 5+ years of SaaS Sales experience, including two or more years in pre-sales, sales engineering or consulting
- 3+ years experience in value selling.
This descriptive document is not intended to include every duty or responsibility of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do this job.
- Medical, Vision, Dental and Life/Disability Insurance available
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Supportive leadership environment
Not only does Datex Inc. accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Datex is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace!