Job ID 1501296
We’re KSM, a mid-sized, regional advisory, tax, and audit firm. Through our deep experience across multiple disciplines and industries, we provide our clients with the inspiration, insight, and technical expertise they need to achieve great things.
Our firm is rooted in entrepreneurialism and committed to excellence – for our employees, our clients, and our communities. At KSM, you’ll be empowered to hone your skills and develop your interests. You’ll feel valued and cared for – and challenged – in a fun, collegial environment where you’re appreciated as an individual with singular talents. And you’ll be rewarded for growing, leading, and innovating. Because our vision for you is that you come to work every day and do your very best work. To be there for your teammates. To best serve our clients. And to realize your full potential as a professional – and as a person.
Headquartered in Indianapolis, we have multiple offices and serve an impressive roster of clients across the nation who count on us to be their trusted advisors.
The Senior Associate/Manager will work within KSM’s Technical Accounting Advisory Services group, which is responsible for monitoring KSM’s quality management practices within the audit & assurance services group and throughout the firm.
- Perform quality reviews of assurance engagements prior to the release of reports
- Research, analyze and formally document technical accounting issues and reporting requirements to ensure GAAP compliance
- Prepare whitepaper guidance on complex accounting issues
- Participate in KSM’s quality monitoring process, including internal inspections
- Develop templates, tools and other resources to be used in assurance engagements
- Support KSM staff with ad hoc technical accounting, quality, risk and independence matters
- Assist with internal and external training on assurance and accounting concepts
- Enhance marketing efforts by writing articles and whitepapers
- Partner with internal communications on current assurance and accounting concepts and process improvements and changes
- Provide support during KSM’s peer review
- Ensure professional development through ongoing education
- Perform ad hoc projects
- 3-5 years of public accounting audit experience
- CPA or working towards CPA licensure
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Accounting
- Solid background in US GAAP
- Knowledge of current audit and accounting concepts
- Ability to research technical issues and create or review documentation/memos supporting accounting and internal control issues
- Understanding of the importance of quality and risk management
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented focus
- Ability to prioritize and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to relate well to people of diverse backgrounds and experience levels
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected category.
KSM only accepts resumes directly submitted by a candidate and referrals submitted by current KSM employees. Unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles sent by staffing agencies and fee-based referral services will not be considered outside of a signed KSM vendor contract. KSM will not pay a fee to recruiters or agencies that do not have a signed KSM vendor contract.