Job ID 1481883
Manager – FOAXIAL DevCo-as-a-Service (DaaS) – Process Engineering Expert
Are you a highly skilled Technical Manager with a background in Process Engineering? Do you have experience in conducting due diligence on projects? If you’re passionate about driving innovation and technical excellence, we invite you to join our dedicated team working on the FOAXIAL DevCo-as-a-Service accelerator for First-of-a-kind (FOAK) projects.
FOAXIAL, delivered by Deep Science Ventures (DSV) and its partners, aims to prepare the teams developing key decarbonization technologies for their first-of-a-kind onto nth-of-a-kind projects. Collaborating with a global network and key EPCs, corporates, and philanthropy, we aim to facilitate emissions reductions in select industrial sectors by accelerating later stage startups and providing them the operational, financial, and partnerships support to succeed.
We’re looking for a seasoned Manager to lead the evaluation and implementation of projects that will lead to first-of-a-kind climate projects. This individual will bring expertise in process engineering and play a critical role in the due diligence process for new initiatives, while working closely with participating startups to assess and improve the preliminary designs and approaches of founding teams.
- Conduct Due Diligence on potential technologies and teams applying for FOAXIAL, utilizing your technical expertise and process engineering background.
- Evaluate technical feasibility, scalability, and efficiency of projects, ensuring alignment with FOAXIAL goals
- Support engagement with startup teams and founders, including selection and diligence, programmatic support, and ensuring high visibility of the program.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, providing technical insights and guidance.
- Contribute to project design and delivery, leveraging your PhD-level expertise (or similar) to drive innovation.
- Develop comprehensive reports and documentation to support the Due Diligence process.
- PhD in a relevant field, with a focus on process engineering, or a related discipline.
- Proven experience in conducting due diligence on projects, with a strong understanding of climate and energy technology.
- Expertise in process engineering, with a track record of driving technical excellence. Diversity in applied experience is highly desirable
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong references attesting to your technical and project management capabilities.
- Experience in the industrial sector, particularly in manufacturing and process engineering.
- Familiarity with renewable energy concepts, including clean hydrogen, renewable electricity, and low-carbon fuels.
- Ability to apply technical concepts and review specifications and early design documents.
Deep Science Ventures is scaling invention. Uniquely, we work from societal outcomes backwards and deploy a process of invention, ideation and problem-solving. DSV’s flagship programme is a decentralised, global venture creator which has generated a portfolio of 39 science-based companies, worth more than a third of a billion dollars and backed by Elon Musk, Bill Gates, Sam Altman, Patrick Collison and others, based across the world in London, San Francisco, New York, Amsterdam, Zurich and beyond. We specialise in creating companies to solve problems in climate, biodiversity and agriculture, therapeutics and computing. You can read more about the climate team’s thesis here.