Job ID 1502520
Administration – OAKDALE, MN
This Triage Registered Nurse (RN) position is 100% remote.
This is a per diem position: two weeknights 5 pm-8 am, every other Friday 5 pm-8 am, and every other Saturday and Sunday 8 pm-8 am.
The Triage Registered Nurse is responsible for ensuring that patient care is coordinated and managed appropriately by directing hospice services/care via phone conference. This experienced nurse has a background with an emphasis on palliative care.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- As scheduled, receives calls related to patient care and instructs patient/caregiver on appropriate interventions based on nursing knowledge.
- Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing process.
- Assesses available options for interventions and uses critical thinking when choosing what intervention is best for the patient and/or caregiver.
- Determines need for nursing visit based on EMR and telephone call. Dispatches a visit RN/LPN appropriately
- Facilitates the patient’s efforts toward self-sufficiency and optimal comfort care.
- Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding patient’s condition, care given and patient response. Records pain/symptom management changes/outcomes as appropriate.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physicians’ orders as required.
- Communicates with the interdisciplinary group to coordinate the care plan.
- Assists the patient and family/caregiver and other team members in providing continuity of care.
- Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and hospice interdisciplinary group to meet the emotional needs of the patient and family/caregiver.
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development and maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills through attendance and participation in continuing education.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One (1) to two (2) years of recent acute care experience in an institutional setting, and one (1) to two (2) years of recent experience in home care is preferred.
- Possess or obtain an RN license for the 10 states that we serve and/or a compact license to cover the states before hired. States include MN, WI, IA, SD, IL, MI, MO, IN, KS and NE.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with one (1) year of hospice care experience preferred.
- Management experience not required.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.